Thursday 10 April 2014

Some Thoughts On Dating In Your 50s

dating in your 50s
I have noticed that women in their fifties often feel insecure about their age. They are wondering, if they are too old to go out dating.

Personally, I believe that it is never too late to go out and create the (love) life you desire.

You may be riddled with self-doubt, when you find yourself single again in your midlife years, but remember, there are also many men in your situation looking for new and lasting love.

It's simply a question of getting up, brushing yourself off and going out there to meet new people.

Before you make that conscious decision to find a new partner, you need to ensure that you are happy and content on your own. 

A good social circle helps, hobbies and interests you pursue in a group with like-minded souls, but also enjoying your own company in solitude at home.

I also cannot stress enough, how important it is to practice self-care. This includes a healthy diet, plenty of exercise and wearing clothes that make you feel good about yourself. 

Also, follow a beauty regime that takes into account your skin's condition, so you can counteract the ageing process as best as you can. You may need to change your skin care products, which you have been using for years; they might no longer be effective. You could ask a beautician or dermatologist for advice.

Dating in your fifties can be great fun. At your age you have experience, people knowledge, hopefully you are reasonably financially secure and independent. Even a child at home (my son is 14) should not be an obstacle. I've made sure, my son's father is doing his fair share of child-minding.

When you start looking for a new partner, don't get disheartened, if no one suitable crosses your path straight away. It takes time and patience. In my experience only about 1% of men on internet dating sites are worth meeting, and even when I do meet them, they're not necessarily knocking my socks off.

But I've been on two dates, and I'm happy to meet both again, although I doubt it will lead to anything more serious.

The reason, why I'll be meeting them again is that they're both such nice guys, I really did enjoy their company, and perhaps one of them will win my heart after all.

It can be scary and unsettling meeting men - strangers - on a date. You never know what to expect, but so far I've come to realise that most men also want the same as I do, i.e. finding someone to love.

There's nothing sinister about people, once you meet them in the flesh. But of course, it's always important to keep things safe and in public until you feel you can trust them.

Overall, dating in your fifties can be great fun and help you raise your confidence, self-esteem and find new love and companionship eventually.

You're NOT too old, NOT over the hill and it's NOT too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment