Tuesday 11 March 2014

Let's Get This Midlife Party Started

turning 50 midlife crisis
Just over two weeks ago I turned 50.

Although I saw that one coming, it still came as a shock.

My current situation doesn't make it any better.

A few days before Valentine's Day, my boyfriend broke up with me all of a sudden. Just like that.

Had no idea he was that unhappy with me. After all, it was early days. We just got together six weeks before, and it seemed to go well.

He never said anything until he ended it.

Stupid.

Before that, my marriage of 20 years broke down in 2011, and for some reason I managed to get entangled in a stormy relationship that left me feeling drained from too much tension and drama.

Right now I'm feeling alone and pissed off whilst experiencing some ridiculous menopausal symptoms, which started a week ago.

They say it doesn't rain, it pours.

Dammit.

Where do I go from here?

I have no effing idea. Let's find out, shall we?

One step at a time. One blog post at a time.

My mission: 
  • to make the most of what life throws at me on the road to getting old
  • to overcome my insecurities
  • not to give up
  • to be happy despite all the shit that happens
  • to find new love
  • to embrace change and uncertainty
  • to ask questions and explore the answers
  • to be comfortable in my own skin

Now I'm 50.

I face the music and dance.

And you, dear Reader, come dance with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment